1 day NAEMT Certification course
This NAEMT Certified course was initially developed for Law Enforcement personnel that may face certain restrictions on equipment and invasive interventions due to their agencies SOPs. Severe bleeding, gunshot wounds, vehicle accidents and other injuries common to Law Enforcement environments are covered. Though this course is only one day in length, it is mainly a hands-on course to reinforce life-saving skills crucial to high risk professions.
This course is not a “First Aid” course but focuses on serious wounds caused by gunshots, blasts, and other life threatening injuries that may be encountered in a military, law enforcement or high-risk security environments. This course is designed for non-medical personnel and will provide all individuals traveling or working in high-risk areas the skills and ability to keep themselves and others alive with minimal equipment until a more comprehensive medical solution is ascertained. This course is valuable to anyone working in a tactical setting or frequenting elevated risk areas.
Some topics include:
- Rapid Patient Assessment
- Effectively stopping massive bleeding
- Gunshot wound characteristics and treatment
- Hemostatic Agents (Combat Gauze, Celox)
- Proper Use of Tourniquets
- Direct pressure vs Indirect pressure
- Compression bandages (Commercial & improvised)
- Tactical Priorities – When to treat & when to fight
- Airway Management
- Chest Seals & sucking chest wounds
- Self care and continuing the fight
- First Responder Kit – 3 life saving items that fit in your pocket!
- Different phases of care